Lets keep this going, no? Love the responses. You all are beautiful!
grace upon grace upon grace (Echoing a lot of you yesterday) / second chances (I don’t deserve them) / work (the joy and stress of being self employed) / a really lazy morning (coffee + long conversations + river walk) / canning party with a dear one tonight (homemade grape jelly anyone?)
*stay inspired loves
23 thoughts on “Daily River + more gratitude. Please.”
music. its ability to lift my spirits when nothing else can.
my loving kitties
days off work
warm winter days
and this: five things, this time.
thank you for inspiring.
the chance to go to university & study what I want, not what other people want me to.
parents who know that I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone & continue to do so.
It’s been hovering around -30C (-22F) in my part of Alberta. On these days especially I come home and think – I have a warm home! I have a fridge with food! I have the space to read a book and drink tea. I love when these things feel indulgent and are not taken as everyday life. It is actually so rare to have all these things.
Hi! I’m a new follower, i’ll tell you the 5 things i’m grateful for today: 1/ the toasted bread i had for this morning breakfast; 2/ the reading aloud that my love does every afternoon after lunch; 3/ the job interview i’ll have next tuesday; 4/ my new coffee machine; 5/ my progressive flexibility thanks to pilates.
piping hot chi tea/ the smile of my best friend/ good hair days/ giggles/ being wide awake to the understanding that the earth is crammed with heaven.
my friends who made me go climbing last night / a 65 degree day in january / the whiskey i’m going to have at 5oclock / the people i’m going to drink it with / writing as a vocation
It´s hard to be thankful for me in this times. But I try to find beauty in thing things today:
– my laptop which works
– the bill for the repaired car which wasn´t that high as I thought
– my grandma & grandpa
– a friend who took time to run with me this morning although he had a meeting
– my hirer
still the double ipa
trusting my gut, always
i am thankful for nectarines, my sister, parks, my sweater, and whole bunch of other stuff.
Today I am grateful for:
– My internet job (have laptop, will travel)
– My 5 independent, happy, healthy children
– Good health
– A warm home
– A cold glass of milk
Milk + kiddos. Love
• the last year of my 20’s •
• a husband I can’t wait to start a family with •
• a home filled with more love than things •
• just enough success to keep me brave •
• challenges to keep me grateful + grounded •
What an overwhelming response of thankfulness! I’m glad you choose to start this series of gratitude…
Here’s what I’m thankful for today:
The sun’s warmth
& a chilled root beer (Henry Weinhard’s preferably ; )
Your river looks like a great spot for exploration. Especially for little ones! Just wondering what river it is? It looks like a lot of litter along the river bed, which is such a shame. Do you and your kids help dispose of it?
Yes we do.
yoga class to a thundering rain soundtrack.
going on adventures & reading stories & imaginative play as my job.
this gratitude revolution you’ve sparked [quite possibly the best thing on the internet because it has me focusing on my life’s wealth, rather than on that joy-stealer, comparison.]
thank you, thank you, lovely.
Today I’m grateful:
-My kitty who joins me every morning in bed to cuddle
-My small balcony garden
-The possibility of change
-Summertime in South America
Your river posts and these comments have been such a blessing for the start of these last two days. What a great way to re-orient my mind to have’s rather than have not’s. I’m grateful for you! And also, grateful for:
– A hot cup of rooibus that I brought back from CapeTown
– The friends who came over to play Texas Hold ‘Em and drink old fashions with me and Mr. last night.
– A space that feels warm and comfortable to come home to.
– A kitten to cuddle with.
– Your tumblr and website. Really, it’s what I go to every morning with my coffee. 🙂
rocking babies, raspberry jam, florida winters, side plank, clean floors
– two arms, two legs, and the ability to use them
– parents who support me in so many ways
– medical school- even though tomorrow’s exam promises to whoop my butt
– the little green way birding trail by my house- always so nice to escape into nature
– best friend’s visa to move to America got approved! No more 30 hour trips to see him or trying to coordinate skype dates on a 7 hour time difference.
thanks for the reminder to be grateful.
Love this. Love you.
Today I am grateful for:
the view of the river from my bedroom window,
discerning that being grateful means more than being happy,
to live in a country where you aren’t physically punished for your lack of religious beliefs,
my nine year old who informed me that my dreads make me resemble a gorgon. Thanks, dude.
1. your beautiful blog 2. my own couraage to write out loud 3. my sisters’ laughter 4. the work i do — working with good donors for good causes 5. the opportunity to breath every day